ACCESS students will attend periods 1 and 2 according to their ACCESS House Colors.
ACCESS House Colors
Last Name A-L = Black House
Last Name M-Z = Green House
Black House - Report to Auditorium
Green House - Report to Small Gym
Black House - Report to Small Gym
Green House - Report to Auditorium
Auditions for Intermediate Dance, Advanced Dance and Dance Company are Thursday, September 3rd and Friday, September 4th at 3pm in room 1206. This is your opportunity to join these upper level dance classes for the 2015-2016 school year. Classes fill quickly so don't miss out!
See Mrs. Booth in room 1206 for more information.
Please open attachment to peruse Important Dates for the 2015-2016 School Year.
What is CSF?
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) emphasizes high standards of scholarship and community service for California high school students. CSF encourages service to the school and community while fostering pride in scholastic achievement.
CSF Membership: You will be recognized for your hard work! Qualifying sophomores and juniors will be awarded:
- Qualifying Semester Certificate
- Recognition at CSF Award Ceremony
Graduating seniors with 4 semesters of CSF membership (one must be earned with senior grades) are Life Members of CSF and will be awarded:
- Sealbearer Certificate
- CSF gold Seal on high school diploma
- CSF Honor Stole at Graduation Ceremony
Obtaining Membership: CSF membership is available for sophomores, juniors and seniors who:
1. Earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester's grades.
- The first 4 points must be from LIST I classes.
- The first 7 points (including the 4 above) must be from LISTS I and II.
- The remaining points may come from any LIST (I, II or III).
2. Must use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
3. No CSF points are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of physical education, subjects repeated to improve a grade, courses involving clerking and office/teaching assisting, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
4. CSF points are granted as follows:
- a grade of A = 3 points
- a grade of B = 1 point
- One additional point shall be granted for a grade of A or B in an AP or Honors course, up to a maximum of two such points per semester.
- a grade of C = 0 CSF points
- a grade of D or F in any course, even in one you cannot use to qualify, disqualifies you from membership at this time.
To Sign up: Second Semester Membership Enrollment Period is Wednesday, September 2, 2015 to Wednesday, September 30, 2015. Applications will NOT be accepted after September 30. Applications are also available from counselors. Completed applications must be turned in to Ms. Romero in room 1417 no later than 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30th.
CSF Club: CSF club meets every Monday in room 1424 during lunch. Freshman are encouraged to attend and participate in club activities. CSF provides community service opportunities for students as well as the community.
*Honor Stole will be available for use at graduation ceremony or you may purchase stole for $17.
See: Ms. Luz Romero
9th Grade Counselor
Cabrillo High School
Cabrillo High School is doing “Whatever it Takes!” to ensure that our students experience a challenging and rigorous standards-based education. Along with Project Lead the Way certification, and a comprehensive schedule of accelerated and Advanced Placement courses, we have also designed our school around four Small Learning Communities and four Secondary Specialized Programs. These communities are designed to give the Cabrillo student multiple opportunities to explore career pathways that will give them the necessary skills to make a successful transition to the integrated worlds of both college and career. See attachment for more information.